- a phrase that is used to describe a word or phrase that is popular in a group of people
- it is used to indicate a popular word
- a word that is often repeated but is common knowledge to only a few people, usually in a group together
- a fashionable jargon
- The college students these days have many buzz words that their parents do not understand.
- I don’t know about all the buzz words that you use.
- ‘Optimisation’ is the new buzz word at my work.
- My boss uses this buzz word a lot but some of my colleagues do not even understand it.
- She does not see that her kids are using buzz words especially so that she does not understand their conversation.
- Between him and me we have some buzz words which say something but mean something totally different.
- He thinks he is a famous designer just because he uses buzz words when he is giving interviews.
- ‘Ecotourism’ is another new buzz word in the travel industry.
The phrase emphasizes on the buzzing (fussing) around a phrase or a word that is either popular or famous within a particular group. It is used popularly in fashion and movie news reporting.
Link to this page: