turn a deaf ear
– choose not to hear
– refuse to listen
– to ignore what someone says
1. Please do not just turn a deaf ear to their cries for help.
2. This was too cheap when Sarah turned a deaf ear to our insistent.
3. The Bank tended to turn a deaf ear to ATM card lost complaints.
4. When I asked Michael to go with me for help he just turned a deaf ear.
5. How can you turned a deaf ear to the crying victims of accident.
This idiomatic expression dates from the first half of the 1400s and was in most proverb collections from 1546 on.