like or as a duck to water
– to do something very quickly and enjoy doing it
– easily and naturally
– to have a usual aptitude to do something
1. She’s taken to the home of her grandma like a duck to water.
2. Miranda just took to motherhood like a duck to water.
3. She started skating and she learned how quickly, like a duck takes to water.
4. Chris is really a natural surfing. He took to surfing like a duck to water even before he started it as a profession.
5. This baby adapted to the bottle as a duck takes to water.