– rich and of good social status
– having plenty of money and possessions
– in favorable circumstances
– in fortunate circumstances financially
wealthy, rich, well-off, well-healed, affluent, Prosperous, comfortable, loaded.
1. In the capital’s well-to-do suburbs, hiring a security guard has become a must for every family.
2. People living below poverty line protested against the new tax bill that favored the well-to-dos.
3. Most of well-to-do parents send their wards to London for study.
4. One friend mine is quite well-to-do and she is kind heart.
5. They are lucky who born in a well-to-do family.
6. I was not born in well-to-do family, but I worked really hard to reach this level.
7. He was a quite well-to-do business man but left everything becomes a Buddhist monk.
well-to-do often used with quite.
Link to this page: