- for sure
- most certainly
- without any doubt
- to agree completely
- to express agreement
- yes, of course
- The manager will pull this deal off. You bet on something else about him because this is definitely happening.
- You bet that you will cross the finish line first. It isn’t happening with me participating in this race.
- Am I going to the party? You bet!
- Can I get another one of this? You bet!
- The people that live in this society are among the kindest that I know of. You bet they will go for a charity drive with you.
- You bet that I can get into and out of that house without anyone noticing me.
- You bet I will be going abroad next month to participate in social works.
The phrase is a slang which originated in the Native American way of speaking but is now popular throughout the world. It is a new phrase and has been in existence since a few decades only.
The slang came about when ‘betting’ on things to prove themselves was common and the answer to a bet would always be yes. ‘Would you take the bet?’ and ‘yes’ hence became synonyms in this phrase because no young person could say no to a bet and still be able to be a respectable member of the group.
Related to Doubt